Making Every Contact Count - Training
Training resources for staff are a key element of a Making Every Contact Count (MECC) programme. Ensuring staff have the skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the right messages and information to members of the public can govern whether your programme is a success or not.
The National MECC Advisory Group has developed a quality marker checklist for training resources to support organisations in implementing and sustaining MECC programmes. It provides organisations with a set of quality markers for developing new training materials and evaluating existing training. These resources can be found on www.makingeverycontactcount.co.uk
Training on MECC is available across the region and usually involves a package of blended learning that includes underpinning knowledge via e-learning and tutor-led led learning for the skills based motivational behaviour change conversations. For further information on what is available in your area please contact Chris Sharp, Public Health Workforce Development Manager for the Y&H Public Health England Centre on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Making Every Contact Count Community of Improvement are currently in the process of developing the following system wide offerings:
- A Train the Trainer course for Making Every Contact Count and associated learning resources
- An Online Very Brief Intervention (VBI) and Signpost Tool
- Easily accessible information on key healthy lifestyle topics
- Suggested open questions using the Ask, Assist, Act model
- Further information on Self care
- Signposting to recommended national and local support services.
- An opportunity promote a social movement for MECC #MECCithappen
It is expected that the above will be made available on this website in September 17
Is you would like further information on any of the above, please contact Susan Blundell, Health Improvement Principal (Chair of MECC CoI) email: email@example.com or Chris Sharp, PHE Workforce Development Manager (Deputy Chair of MECC CoI) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.