Virtual Open Day - Level 3 Community Health & Wellbeing Worker Apprenticeship
18 January 2022
Date and Time:Tue 18 January 2022
13:00 – 14:30
Share with friends
The Level 3–Community Health and Wellbeing Worker apprenticeship standard was launched on the 14th of September 2021.
This standard has the potential to equip and empower several people facing roles within the health and social care - increasing individual capacities and unique capabilities.
For employers, the benefits of adopting this apprenticeship may include;
- Increase in social mobility within the area(s) of operation by either upskilling existing staff or recruiting new talents.
- Increase in staff retention and productivity
- Inclusion of flexible learning into the organisational structure
- Drive organisational growth
- Provision of cost-effective staff development (work-based learning) taught by industry expert sector professionals,
Typical roles that may benefit from the L3-CHWW apprenticeship include community health champions, social prescribers, recovery coordinators or coaches, community connectors, care navigators and any other role that supports local people and their communities by preventing poor health and tackling inequalities.
The types of roles listed above, suggest the level 3 Community Health & Wellbeing Worker apprenticeship also has the potential to improve delivery of community interventions and commissioned/funded outcomes.
Prospective apprentices will have the benefits as seen below should they be considered for this role.
- Gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours employers want.
- Earn a nationally recognised, fully funded qualification while you learn from industry experts.
- Grow in confidence at the workplace
- Meet new challenges and many more
At the virtual open day event, interested employers and potential apprentices will have the opportunity to learn more about
- What an apprenticeship is
- How apprenticeships are funded
- The L3-CHWW apprenticeship
- The potential of the L3-CHWW apprenticeship within your organisation.
This is an opportunity for both apprenticeship-levy-paying organisations and those who do not pay into the levy.
Find out more about the apprenticeship here.
This virtual open day event will host representatives from
- Office for Health Improvement and Disparities: The Level 3 Community Health and Wellbeing Worker Apprenticeship
- Health Education England: Apprenticeship levy and transfers
- Salisbury Procurement: Presentation: Apprenticeship levy and transfers
- Approved training providers: Share unique offer.
Contact Joojo.KyeiSarpong@dhsc.gov.uk for any further conversations or enquiries.