Y&H HPT Immunisation Enquiries
Vaccination / Immunisation Update
The January edition of Vaccine Update is now available.
This month's edition features:
- has your patient moved to the UK? - migrant health resources
- HPV vaccine drives cancer-causing infections down to very low levels
- HPV vaccination in schools – going from strength to strength
- Green book chapters published
- expiry dates for Fluenz Tetra® issued for the 2019/20 children’s programme
- children’s flu vaccine for 2019/20
- all influenza vaccines for the 2019/20 season
- Maternal Pertussis programme - change to dTaP/IPV vaccine
- PCV13 schedule change reminder
- update to Bexsero Patient Information Leaflet
- MMR vaccine ordering
- The EU Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) and Delegated Regulation as applicable to PHE supplied vaccines for the national immunisation programme
- have your say on GOV.UK! Survey
We would like to hear your views on the immunisation pages of Gov.UK, so please follow the link and take our quick survey
Incomplete immunisation queries?
The algorithm for the vaccination of individuals with uncertain or incomplete immunisation status has been updated with effect from 1 January 2020.
Please see here for the latest version.
Immunisation guidance for healthcare professionals:
A high percentage of the immunisation enquiries we receive in the Y&H HPT are from GP's and practice nurses. Many of the answers to these queries can be found in the “Green Book”, Immunisation Against Infectious Disease, which has the latest information on vaccines and vaccination procedures for all the vaccine preventable infectious diseases that may occur in the UK. It’s available here: Green Book
Health professionals and immunisation practitioners can keep up to date with developments in the field and updates to the Green Book through the regular Vaccine Update newsletters.
- The routine immunisation schedule is available here (latest update August 2019): Routine immunisation schedule
- For children and adults with incomplete or uncertain immunisation status see this algorithm (latest update January 2020): Uncertain or incomplete immunisation status
- Vaccination Incident Handbook: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/326417/Vaccine_Incident_Guidance.pdf
- Information for immunisation practitioners and other health professionals: Immunisation
- Link to Yorkshire and Humber PGDs: https://www.england.nhs.uk/north-east-yorkshire/our-work/information-for-professionals/pgds/